What’s the healthiest food to eat late at night?
Late-night snacking can be a tricky subject, as many traditionally “unhealthy” foods are often associated with this time of day. However, it is possible to make healthy food choices even when you’re craving something to munch on after hours. Here are a few options to consider:
- Fresh fruit: Fresh fruit is a great option for a late-night snack because it is low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals. Berries, apples, and grapes are all good choices.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is high in protein, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied. Pair it with fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey for added flavor.
- Whole-grain crackers or bread: Whole-grain crackers or bread paired with a slice of cheese or a spoonful of peanut butter can be a satisfying late-night snack that is also relatively low in calories.
- Air-popped popcorn: Popcorn is a great low-calorie snack option, and air-popped popcorn is a healthier alternative to movie theater popcorn, which is often loaded with butter and oil.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. A small handful of almonds, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds can be a satisfying late-night snack.
When choosing a late-night snack, it’s important to keep in mind that moderation is key. A small serving of a healthy food is much better than overeating a less-healthy option. Additionally, it’s also important to be mindful of the overall balance of your diet and make sure that you’re getting all the nutrients you need throughout the day.